Slither

Slither
Link to my Model Mayhem Account / Model: Eric Shehan / Body paint & Photographer: Sarah Thomas

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Asheville Herb Festival

Today my housemate and I went out to the Asheville Herb Festival. It was beautiful! So many colors and smells! There were so many people selling lovely plants that I didn't know where to start! Luckily we knew our friend Shannon Haun would be at the festival with her shop House of Herbs. It was great to see her and she was having an amazing time.
 
We wondered around the open air area of the Market checking out wares from so many different vendors that I lost count. Flowers, trees, seedlings, herbs, fresh veggies and fruit. These people are serious about their plants and you can tell. Even though its a little early, many people where selling strawberries and they smelled heavenly in the warm afternoon sun.

 We made our way up the hill to the main part of the WNC Farmers Market and took a look at the things that are there 7 days a week.  This part of the farmers market is a long, closed-in building, with most any type of local good you can think of in it!


There are so many things that I will be coming back for! This is just one half of the inside of the Farmers Market.  I could have spent hours wondering this place! We stopped to check out the local ASHE cheese vendor, yum! I got to try cheese curd and Jalapeno Cheddar!



Then we passed through a stall with all types of jams, jellies, pickled goods, and butters! The sun was shining in and it all looked so lovely! 
 I was pretty tuckered out after the three hours we spent there, time flies when you're having fun! We stopped by one last time to see Shannon and then headed home to enjoy some of the goodies we picked up today!
Fuchsia Flower

1 comment:

  1. I miss living in a real city where markets like this exist.

    ReplyDelete